Celebrate 30 years of the Sugar Creek Slavic Festival with us June 5-6! Make lasting memories with family and friends and enjoy traditional Slavic food, drink, and entertainment.
Back to headline the 30th Anniversary of the Sugar Creek Slavic Festival is Alex Meixner. This Grammy Award nominated artist and sure fire crowd-pleaser is bound to make this year’s festival one to remember!
Experience the taste of traditional Slavic cuisine at this year's Slavic Festival. Indulge in delicious foods like povitica, kielbasa, and sarma - and don't forget to take some home!
Make your way to Sugar Creek and experience the rich history of the Slavic people – feasting on great food, dancing to high-energy polkas, and watching traditional Slavic musicians and dancers.
Get involved in the community by volunteering at this year's Slavic Festival! Below is the schedule for volunteers during festival week.
Food Preparation Help:
- Monday, June 1 and Tuesday, June 2 (from 9-11:30 a.m.) - Prepare cabbage leafs, bring parting knife & apron
- Wednesday, June 3 (2-4:30 p.m. and 6-9 p.m.) - Make cabbage rolls
- Thursday, June 4 (2-4:30 p.m.) - Make cabbage rolls
Festival Grounds Help:
- Thursday and Friday, June 4 & 5 (Any time) - Set up grounds
- Sunday, June 7 (9 a.m.) - Clean up festival grounds
30 Years of Love
Celebrate the festival’s 30th anniversary by posting your favorite memories of the Slavic Festival on social media. Click here to learn more about how you can participate.
Contest Registration Open
The Fair & Festival Board is now taking applications to grab one of the limited spots in the Sausage Eating Contest. Visit the Participation section for more details.
Stay tuned for the 2015 Event Schedule, coming later this spring!
We'd like to thank our 2015 sponsors for their support of the Sugar Creek Slavic Festival.
- Missouri Arts Council
- Central Bank of the Midwest
- Salva O'Renick
- Republic Services
- Gunter Construction
- Andrea Welch, Attorney at Law
- Morgan Jacobs Contracting
- Strawberry Hill Povitica
- Central States Beverage
- Lanard Toys
- Superior Electric, Inc.
- Sugar Creek Optimist Club
- Kanas City Power & Light
- City of Sugar Creek
- Courtney Ridge Landfill
- Northeast News
- Moose Lodge
- Optimist Club
- Sugar Creek Business & Civic Club
- Sugar Creek Shockers Football Team